As a parent myself, I understand how challenging it can be to home-school, wondering whether you are doing it right and worried that you might make mistakes. I would like to offer a Home Schooling Support Program for Parents.
I would like to make this easier for parents by developing workshops for parents that aim at helping and supporting them, ensuring that they understand the vital importance of teaching in a way that has the greatest benefit for the child.
Parents will benefit from a program like this as it will give parents the tools to assist their children at home, ensuring that parent and child will not get frustrated and feel defeated.
Parents will have constant support and when in doubt they can access our online lessons, as well as take part in a live session.
Learners will get the most out of their online lessons, because the parents have been given the support they need.
With 30 to 45-minute lessons we can teach the parents numerous skills on how to support their children. We can get feedback on specific topics that they are struggling with and give support on specific areas.
If by any chance parents do not have the time to attend these lessons, we can make recordings that they can watch in their own time and they can contact us with any questions they might have.
Here are topics that we can assist parents with:
- What makes a good educator: Being Mom and Teacher
- How to encourage originality, creativity, curiosity and independence
- The role of the parent
- The needs of young children
- Planning the daily programme
- Reward system
- Teaching Environment
- Stages and Development
- Talent and Intelligence
- When is your child ready to learn?
- Learning and Teaching Resources
- Educational toys and games
How to assess your child’s learning without testing the child.
- Emergent Literacy
- Emergent Literacy
- Songs, Rhymes and Poems
- Fine and Gross- Motor Development
- Inside and outside Play
- Physical Development
- Sensory Play and the importance of it
- Introducing Practical Life into your Home (Montessori education)
- Thematic Teaching and Learning
- Discovery Approach to Learning
- Managing Teaching and Learning
- Preparing children for possible failure
- Helping children to learn their spellings
- Helping children to learn their timetables
- Developing a love for reading
- How to help your child with homework
- How to use, and control, technology in the home
To teach we must be teachable, to improve we must recognise our imperfections. When we think we have all the answers, we stop learning.
Supporting learners doing home-schooling or online learning is just as much of an education for the mother as it is for a child. No two learners learn the same way and every family will have their own challenges and goals.
This programme will assist all parents in supporting their children to make the most of their online learning experience.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes